Ladies In Waiting

Becoming beautiful from the inside out...

2.05.2011

Random Ramblings

I think I’ve been bit by the sewing bug. FINALLY! :)

I haven’t created anything for quite a while now, I’ve barely even done repairs! Fix a hem here, reinforce a button there… I think the fact that I’ve been making enough lire to buy whatever I want has caused me to become very lazy in being creative and designing outfits. :) It’s a curse, ya know?


Any hoo. My inspiration these days is Kristina J. She is an awesome seamstress, devoted mother, creative designer and a wonderful person, all around!


I went to the cloth store yesterday in the middle of a Texan blizzard (well, it seemed like one, anyways) and stayed until they closed! How’s that for determined?!


Here are some patterns I’ve been staring at recently. I need my mojo back.


For this ruffled creation, I will need to add sleeves, drop the hem (a foot or two!) and shop for accessories!

I also want to try my hand at a 3 tired, ruffled trench coat. :) Sounds complicating but I spied one on a fellow train passenger one morning. I have to have one! I found a pattern for the bodice of the coat and since ruffles are fairly simple, I think I can do it. :)

And last but not least, I will sew this. I've already bought the fabric (yay!) and will start cutting soon. It's a large flower print and I'm scared I will either look like a walking drapery advertisement or I will look like I forgot to change out of my muumuu before leaving the house. Cross your fingers... Oh, and anyone know where I can find some yellow pumps to match? :)

5 comments:

  1. The only thing I create with a sewing machine is a mess! Love the first one.

    The description on the last one caused a flash back - me in a bright dress with yellow belt and yellow pumps and a "friend" saying, "isn't that a bit loud?" I've never been afraid to go for loud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Then the dress will be My Sis. McElhaney Dress! :) I will "christen it" after you! I shall wear it with my head held high and think of you...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wear it loud and proud! But not too proud... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't Wail to see the ruffled concoction! I love that so.

    And I don't believe I've ever seen a handmade coat. Hurry and make it before it gets hot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which will be in two weeks, right Jen? lol

    I think, Sis. M, that I changed my mind on the fabric. lol I'm a sissy. I think it's "too much" for me. It looks like Jen but I'm too chicken to wear it. lol

    ReplyDelete