Ladies In Waiting

Becoming beautiful from the inside out...

12.23.2010

I Wanna Be a Beach Bum!

Puerto Rico, here we come!

I just bought Sis. Pace’s ticket to Puerto Rico! (the gals and I are treating her to a vacation in May) Mine will be purchased next week. It was supposed to have been purchased this week as well but my paycheck was spent on a Christmas party. Holiday party. Whatever it is.


So. It’s 50 degrees and overcast today but in my mind, I’m basking in the warm evening breeze on a Spanish beach! I can faintly smell Jen’s sunscreen (she’s basking beside me and reading an Elle magazine) because she tends to lather it on like lotion. Hehe I pause to brush some sand from my beach towel. A hazard of laying out, I hear. I adjust my shades and briefly scan the beach for…well, never you mind what.


And my phone (here at work) rings and I am transported back to a dull, dreary, boring day in Dallas. Who in their right mind is worried about insulation on the eve of Christmas Eve?!


Anyways. So since I’m bored and my mind is about 2,151 miles southeast of here, I decided to plan my trip. A tad early, but I’m excited! I know it’s hard to pick on the enthusiasm right now, but I assure you, I am jazzed about this trip!


Okay, so first, I’ll need a beach bag.

Cute! A Tiki bag from Amazon…but out of my budget. $160…

Now this is more like it! Roxy Wild Side Canvas Tote Bag from SwimOutlet.com – only $29.95!


Or if I’m in the mood for a bit of color…I’ll have to wait until spring. Lol I couldn’t find anything cute online!


Next, I will need…shades! But since this is always a sore spot for me, I will refrain from adding any pictures.


I will also need…shoes!!!!

Love these! Steve Madden Sanzo…this sandal has every color in the box represnted! Wear it with anything...okay, not anything.

Kenneth Cole Know Show for an evening out, maybe. But wait! I already have them! Heh heh


Lovitz by Aldo…tres chic!


Can you tell, I tend to gravitate towards neutrals?

*sigh* It’s a defect, I know.


What else? Oh, a pretty dinner dress! Or frock, as some would say.

Okay, so these aren’t dinner dresses but they would be wonderful for during the day! A tad (ot a lot!) longer though…


Now these are some cute dinner dresses? (pictured above) Add a cardigan, some cute shoes, the hand bag and you're ready!


And Oh, how I adore this one! I may have to sew my own version of it. Hmmm


Okay, I can go on forever with dresses and shoes, what else shall I need?

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, like you'd really go anyways. Riiiight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute post!

    no comment regarding my sunscreen. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes you want to shop for the trip, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I've already set my sites on three items as of last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! Set your "sites"? No pun intended, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh! Hate it when I do that!
    Pun completely unintended.

    ReplyDelete