Ladies In Waiting

Becoming beautiful from the inside out...

11.09.2015

Ladies In Waiting

noun
plural noun: ladies-in-waiting
a woman who attends a queen or princess


My definition? A girl or young lady, waiting for God to unfold His will in her life, waiting to be the lady He has chosen her to be. (a young woman who attends her pastor's wife, parents and or anyone else in authority in her life)


I've given the old blog a face lift in preparation for my new journey. After a year (almost to the day!) of tug of war with God, I've embraced what I believe to be my new phase in life.
I am happy to be starting a new Sunday School class this winter, my pupils being girls and young ladies, aging from 13-21. Making a LONG story short, I believe God is calling me to be more involved in helping these girls find beauty within themselves. I was so blessed in my teenage years to have two parents who loved me and were always there for me and an amazing lady who helped "make" me who I am today. I can only hope to be a portion of what they were to me to these girls.
In a world filled with vanity and perversions, I believe we need voices raised in opposition to Hollywood and the social circles teaching young girls thier version of beauty. Beauty is not found  in sensuality, sexual appeal, Hollywood NYC fashion, ect. True beauty is found in ourselves, when we first find ourselves in Christ.
It took me years to discover this. I hope to be a part of the "Unfolding of the Rose" in someone else's life. I don't kid myself in thinking this will make a tremendous difference in all 8-9 girls but if I can plant a seed, or water the seed already blossoming in one's heart, then I've made a difference for the better.
God has truly blessed me in my 30 years. I want to use my testimony to bless someone else.
My Ladies In Waiting class will begin on the first Sunday in December and I am praying God does wonderful things for us as we learn together!


10 comments:

  1. I wondered how long it would take you to find out. lol I timed you. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! You popped on my little blog reader app! I had to do a double take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Welcome back to blogging!!! Btw Jen: Its NOT like you've updated your blog at all recently!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Mary Frances! And thanks for "calling Jen out". I would have but I've been trying to be nice these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mary - hush, you!!

    @Michelle - you have?! *scratching head*

    ReplyDelete
  6. When was the last time I was "mean"? Hmmm....? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. And Monday morning doesn't count. I have "absolution" on Monday mornings.

    ReplyDelete