Ladies In Waiting

Becoming beautiful from the inside out...

11.02.2010

NYC!!!


As I sit here and sip my over priced grande vanilla latte (3 pumps extra of syrup), the old Doris Day song runs through my mind...."Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be." Why, you ask? Well, to start off with, I got maybe 3 hours of sleep. Then we (Jen, Lyda and I) missed our flight to Washington, D.C. by a mere 4 minutes, 3 maybe? By the time we got to the gate, the doors were closed and the plane was in reverse. :) So, I started singing that little ditty to Jen. I don't think she really appreciated it. Ungrateful wretch. The friendly agent at the gate rolled us over to the next flight, departure time - 8:35. We didn't make it. Oh, not for lack of trying, I assure you. The flight was full. Next flight didn't depart until 10:10. What else to do while waiting on a plane to arrive but visit the local coffee shop?


And I have to admit, my first vanilla latte was a pleasant experience. A tad bitter and in need of more of the sweet stuff but it was good! After we got some caffeine into Jen's blood stream (I was temped to lace her drink with some type of nerve calming substance, lol), and with the help of our agent, we made it on our flight. And our trip to NYC has officially begun! Woooo hooo! Later!

So, where were we? Ah, yes, the plane. I shall refrain from giving my opinion on US Airways. They are not paying me to advertise. lol We made it to Charlotte, NC and rushed to our connecting flight to La Guardia. Thank God that there was no long layover. And finally arrived in New York. Finally.


We caught a bus to Jen's Tante's place. Interesting city, I tell you. After dinner (praise God, dinner!), we convinced Tante to "take us" to Times Square. Wow! Sensory overload. Awesome though! The lights, the, sounds...the cold! YES, it was chilly! Coming from Texas, where it was in the 80's, to New York, where it's in the 30's! It was a welcome change though. Now if only I can find some gloves... Question. What is it about the Subway that makes one wonder about your fellow travelers? Our night ended sooner than we would have liked, though. :( And here I am, back in the apartment, tapping away on my lap top before I forget anything. :) So that was our fist day in the city! Fun, fun, fun! Oh, and Tante lives near Morningside Park, which has beautiful trees that are changing their leaves!




Plan for tomorrow? Getting hair done, shopping in Ladies Mile, eating and BROADWAY!
Written on November 1st, 2010

Okay, so now it's really today. lol I didn't have access to the internet yesterday so I had to wait until today to post it. I am sitting inabagel shop on 8th and 24th. Tapping away once again. Breakfast was awesome and I am being serendaded by The Beatles singing my song. lol Watching the people hurrying by, all going important places and doing important things. What more could I ask for? :)

Okay, now I need to go. I think I am holding up progrees. Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment