Ladies In Waiting

Becoming beautiful from the inside out...

11.05.2010

NYC II

Now I'm in a Dominican salon, getting my hair done. I think my ears are permanently damaged. Well, my right one, at least.. My hair is being combed out and put in rollers by a loud Hispanic lady. she's yelling at Lisa, another loud Hispanic. The "lady" part does not apply to her though. She's loud and proud about being gay. Claims she was born that way. She also says a lot of other things but I won't mention them. My ears might be damaged because my hair dresser just yelled, "Callate, Lisa!" near my right ear. Sigh. If only that would hush Lisa up.

So we rode a couple trains to get here. As I was saying earlier, what is it about riding a train or Subway that makes you wonder about people? Like, where are they going? Who are they? Do they live alone? Or have someone special waiting for them? Are they wondering about me? lol They're probably thinking, "Those three chicks are not from around here!"

I'm bored because I forgot my book. I can't log onto the Internet either and my lap top is almost dead. :(
This is our second day in the city, I don't know if Broadway is on the schedule tonight anymore. Waaaa! We shall see.

Someone tell Lisa to hush her mouth.

Oh, oh. My stomach just growled. Wonder what's for lunch?!

Now Lisa is singing. At the top of her lungs. I'm glad it's in Spanish.


Our "Dominican blowouts". lol Hmmm. What a difference. (that was sarcasm, btw)

Well, the salon visit is over. Thanks be unto God. Next, we head back down to Times Square, to buy our tickets (hopefully!) to West Side Story. We put our names in a lottery/drawing to be picked for the remaining 18 front row seats. The guy running the show tell us to leave and be back at 5. So we head down Broadway to find food. $5 for a slice of pizza that Jen claims was not New York style. Not that I would know. We swallow our slice of pizza in record time and head back to the Palace Theater. Jen was the first name chosen, I was the second and Lyda was number 18! By this time, it's after 5 and the show begins at 7. Not wanting to risk missing part of the show by going home to change, we cruise up and down Broadway looking for gloves. Again. No luck on gloves but I did find an AWESOME skirt and we stocked up on over priced souvenirs for back home. The musical was...okay. In my opinion.Good thing it was only $26.50.But I enjoyed the experience. Though I think I have a permanent crick in my neck from the Romeo/Juliet balcony scene. (I guess it just goes along well with my damaged right ear, lol) Bernado was pretty smoking, though. Gotta give it to him. Heh heh.


Hahahah! I LOVE this picture! It makes no sense at all!

After the show, we walk down Broadway again, looking for...yep, gloves. Still no luck. How in the world can we be in New York and it's 30 odd degrees at night and no store sells gloves??? Mittens? Who wears mittens anymore? Sigh. So we head home. Through the park. In the dark. Close to midnight, lol That was fun.

2 comments:

  1. The Three Amigas on another adventure! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun, Sis. M! We are already trying to figure out where to go next! I'm voting for somewhere warmer...beaches and warm breezes! It's 47 right now but I froze my toes off last night!

    ReplyDelete