Ladies In Waiting

Becoming beautiful from the inside out...

8.17.2009

You think?!


Okay, deep breath here.

You know what I hate?! When someone who (...how shall I say this?) has many lbs. on them tells me that I need to lose weight, or work out more, or stop eating my McDonald's!

I mean, "Hello?!"

Something Dark and Dangerous takes over in my mind...

No matter how small you think someone is, most females tend to be somewhat sensitive about their weight. (and I stand to be corrected on that) There are some Awesome Women who are very comfortable in their own bodies and I applaud them, seriously! BUT, why is it not okay (universally) to tell an overweight person that they need to lose weight, or joke about their weight or "rolls" but it's okay for an overweight person to tell someone else that they need to lose weight or say something like, "Yeah, you need to hurry up and tighten up that belly!"

Once again, Something Dark and Dangerous threatens to creep in...

Can we not learn the concept of the Golden Rule? Treat others as you would like to be treated?

It works the same for say, an outfit, or shoes! If you would not like someone to tell you that yours are ugly, why tell someone that their shoes look like someone's grandmother's? Hypothetically speaking, of course! (Not the first part of this ranting and raving session, that really did happen!)

I just don't understand Life and What is Accepted. Because, I think that my view of What Should Be Accepted is vastly different from others. Maybe I'm just not normal. Me and my fat self. LOL

7 comments:

  1. It's the old "get the beam out of your own eye" thing that Jesus talked about - or get the rolls off your own self!!! Unsolicited advise, especially in regards to weight, is NOT NICE, people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle...I have to watch my mouth around people like this. Because, I am always and I mean always, tempted to be snarky back. My favorite answer: "Ohh, Sister! Are you trying to live vicariously through me? Honey, you ought to try it yourself!"

    I could get myself into trouble. I get the comments about clothes and shoes quite often...and I have to bite my tongue all the time. I am surprised that I do not have a huge chunk missing. Maybe that just means I'm not biting it enough...hmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously.... people can have some nerve, i tell you.

    and also this situation: if Person A critisizes Person B, who is trying to fix/work on a fault or characteristic when Person A is not even trying. *sigh* it all comes back to beams and motes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Tis so true...remove that big, ol' boulder out of your eye and then you'll see that the microscopic spec of dust in the other person's eye isn't that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I for one would NEVER really go around giving people weight loss advice!!! LOL Definatley something I am working on in my life!!! For SURE!!! LOL However, there have been times when girls that are like half the size of me are like complaining and whining to me that they are just SOOOOOOOOOO fat!!! And like occasionally I get a sick of hearing it so I'll just agree with them...I'll be all like yeah you are!!! Or i'll be like well then lose weight...LOL CAUSE sometimes I just get sick of hearing them say it!!!
    Also, I do think its okay to give your opinion on stuff with your friends. Like I have a friend that LOVES pointy toed shoes and like I was like you know Its not like I care if you wear them but I honestly don't like them...just the look...LOL And I have friends that think headbands are for little kids but I love em!!! I really don't care what they think cause I have enough self-confidence to look in the mirror and like what I see!!! :)I've learned in life to just things roll of me...cause offenses SHALL come!!! Btw-I feel kinda guilty cause I told my friend that I think Burberry purses look like walpaper and a thrift store special..OOopS!!! Just can't believe the prices of them things when they ain't even cute!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALSO, I HATE when people ASK MY opinion, then I give it AND they don't like what I say!!! I am like okaaaaaaaay thats fine BUT YOU ASKED ME!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - that's me, right there! Don't ask me what I think if you REALLY don't want to know! But I am trying to be better at using Wisdom when responding. Lordamercy, it's hard, though!!

    ReplyDelete