Ladies In Waiting

Becoming beautiful from the inside out...

3.20.2010

Aww! it's over!

So, I'm finally rested up from our vacation.

Yeah, it took an entire week. :)

So, where was I at? Key West.

Wednesday was our last day in Miami. And that happened to be the most gorgeous day of all! It stinks. Or stunk. We said our goodbyes to Dale (who is the most awesomest big sister in the world! Lyda and I claimed her as ours. lol) and headed north.

Our first stop was Daytona Beach. Which was the most beautiful beach that we'd been to so far! And it was so disappointing because we couldn't stay too long because we had a hotel reserved in South Carolina. *pouting* The sand was white and powdery and the water very clear. No seaweed! We sooo were not expecting Daytona to be so pretty. We were just gonna pop in and out, just to say we'd been there. Oh, well. Jen and I console ourselves with the fact that we will go back. As we headed back to the highway, we got stuck on a bridge because some guy on a bike decided to pick a two lane bridge to collapse on. The police stopped traffic and I have no idea why I'm mentioning this. But the weirdest part was, a man was walking from the scene and passed our car, smiling really big. As if he'd had a part in the other guy's predicament. Super odd.





Anyways, so next was Savannah. But we got into town when it was dark so we could not see a single thing. Wednesday was turning out to be a drag. So we drove around for a while (don't ask me why, the sidewalks were already rolled in for the night) then headed to Charleston.

Our hotel was located in Isle of Palms, north of the city. We checked in, tossed our bags inside, then headed out to find something to eat. Jen found a man at IHOP. I'm not sure if he came from the islands or not, he couldn't seem to make up his mind. :) After giggling for an hour straight, we headed back to the hotel. Only to be stopped by a bored cop. Hey! I was only going 14 mph over the speed limit! He was nice, though and gave us a Spring Break discount! Apparently he stops quite a few Texans in that area. Watch out for him, ya'll.



The next morning, at 6:30 sharp, Jen and I awoke to her alarm clock. Lyda did too but she rolled back over. lol We pulled on our hoodies and tucked our cameras in our pockets and headed out to welcome the sun. Except he (Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun) chose not to grace us with his presence that day. But we had fun walking the beach. Searching for seashells. Trespassing on a private pier. (that was Jen, not me. wink, wink) Taking pictures of one legged birdies. And dead starfish. Then getting caught in the rain walking back. That was fun.






We visited a fort, just for the fun of it. It was fun!





We checked out of the hotel and went to see Charleston. I drove around for a while, while Lyda was learning to be a photographer (that chick seriously needs a camera) until I found what I was looking for! Rainbow Row. I could not remember what the name of the street was so I couldn't put it in the GPS but I figure, how could we get lost in Charleston?! Anyways, we'll be back, Charleston. No worries, buddy.




So, since Jen wanted to see Savannah during daylight, we headed back to Georgia. Where it was raining. We drove down River Street, bumping along the cobblestones, but we didn't have umbrellas so we didn't get out. We got smart and went to buy some. We found a nice little Italian restaurant and had lunch/dinner and by the time we were done, it was not just raining anymore. It was pouring! And I got to walk in the rain for the second time that day! I love the rain, can you tell?! So Jen and Lyda were cursing me during the 5 block dash to our car. *sigh* They just didn't come prepared. I had boots on, but they were wearing flats. Who wears flats on a rainy day?! lololol Just kidding. So by the time we got to the car, we were pretty much soaked. It was great.





And then we headed home. Driving the back roads of Georgia, Mississippi and Alabama at night was an interesting experience, I tell you. Well, I assume it was. You'd have to ask Jen. She was the pilot this time. lol. We even stopped the car at one point, Just so we could stick our heads out the window and check out the stars. Simply amazing.



And that was it. It was the most awesome Road Trip ever! Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment