Ladies In Waiting

Becoming beautiful from the inside out...

11.09.2015

When God "Checks Your Attitude"


This morning, a co-worker came into our office, asking me to print his pay stub. This tends to irritate me because 1) they never go to HR for this and 2) they never go to their boss and 3) Its NOT my job to do! Well, I was…less than friendly and finally agreed to it. After a long pause and sigh, I start typing away. While pulling up his pay stub, he told me that I remind him of a lady. I didn’t think anything of this because I hear this all the time. Who doesn’t? lol




He said this lady went to Grace Apostolic. Shoot. I say, “Grace and Truth Apostolic?” He says, Yes!

Still thinking it could be Mom or Nancy, I say, "Why, yes, I go to that church." He says, "Menzies?" Shoot Shoot Shoot. "Yep, that’s me." And it’s not Mom, because he asks me “How is Dad?” He tells me to tell Pastor hello and asks for a church card so he can visit again when he has a Sunday off.

Jesus was telling me that I need an attitude adjustment. Doesn’t matter if it’s not my job to print out his stub, its’ still myjob to be nice and helpful. Not only that but we (GTACers) are praying for church growth and working on being witness and here I am, letting my Monday Morning Funk get in the way of reaching a soul.

Apparently, God wasn't though with me.

Each morning at work, each department is supposed to have a morning meeting. We call them Moments That Matter. We have a company directed topic for each week and celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and such.

Today's Moments talked about first impressions saying how this can impact our company as a whole. After each "devotion" or coaching, we are asked to select a Focus of the Day from our Teammate Card.

My manager chose this:



Be honest and show kindness through ALL our actions.

And this was her prayer for today - lol.

It is overwhelming to us, Oh God, to think we live our days on this earth reflecting Your likeness into the world around us. Forgive us, that the reflection is so often blurred and the likeness so often distorted. Keep us close in our companionship with You, where the reflection of Your love is to be found in all its fullness. In Your name we pray, Amen.

I get it, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment